Veteran’s Golf Day
In partnership with Veteran Support Australia, we will be hosting the Defence Golf Day at our Worrigee Links golf course. We are pleased to welcome all serving, former serving and family members of the Defence community to our Defence Golf Day.
When: Monday 13th September 2021
Time: 8:00am – 2:30pm (registration from 7:00am)
Where: Worrigee Links – 131 Greenwell Point Road, Worrigee
Who: Free activity for the Defence Community – Serving, former serving & family members.
If you would like to find out more information email Veteran Sports Australia @ email@example.com. If you, or someone you know who is in the Defence community may be interested, please share the word!
To secure your spot, click the button below to book.
An important update for Members, Guests and Visitors
As a community based organisation with close to 18,000 Members we are taking advice on COVID–19 corona virus seriously, and as a result have implemented the following measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our Staff, Members, Guests and Visitors. Our primary concern will be to protect people, ensure our obligations under the WHS Act 2011 and maintain our Duty of Care to our Staff, and to persons on, or seeking to visit our premises.
All persons who have returned from overseas travel from midnight Monday 16 March 2020, or have been in contact with people who have returned from overseas travel are required by the government to self-isolate for a period of 14 days and as a result will not be permitted to enter Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group premises, which includes Worrigee Sports and
The Ex Servos.
All persons whose place of employment, education or socialisation that has been closed due to a confirmed case of COVID-19 are not to enter Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group Clubs.
All persons who experience or show signs of flu like symptoms are not to enter Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group Clubs. These symptoms may include fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness and shortness of breath.
Persons who are onsite and showing flu like symptoms will be asked to leave the premises.
We encourage all persons who are experiencing flu like symptoms to follow the advice of NSW Health. For more information on COVID-19 visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus
We encourage all Staff, Members, Guests and Visitors to practice good hygiene at all times.
Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group has increased signage within the venue to inform Staff, Members, Guests and Visitors of good hygiene practices.
Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group Staff will be discouraged from engaging in personal contact, such as the shaking of hands with fellow Team Members, Members, Guests and Visitors. Please do not take this in any other way than as a preventative and control measure to help prevent the spread of viruses.
Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group will continue to monitor the advice of ClubsNSW and implement advice accordingly.
Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group will continue to monitor the advice of the Returned and Services League of Australia in liaison with the Nowra RSL Sub Branch and support the advice accordingly.
Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group will continue to monitor the advice of Golf NSW in Liaison with the Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group Golf Management Committee and support the advice accordingly.
Events, Entertainment and Functions
The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly. Following advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) on 13 March 2020 it is recommended that non-essential, organised gatherings be limited to fewer than 500 people.
This includes events such as concerts, sporting fixtures with large crowds, exhibitions and religious celebrations.
While all Australians are encouraged to exercise personal responsibility for social distancing, there are no current restrictions recommended on attending other settings, such as shopping centres, or using public transport.
For non-essential organised gatherings with fewer than 500 attendees, NSW Health recommends that organisers:
- remind attendees and staff not to attend if they are feeling unwell
- remind attendees and staff that they must not attend if they have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- ensure emergency management practices are up to date
- brief staff on how to practice good hygiene and making it easy for staff and attendees to practice good hygiene
- have adequate hand washing facilities available
NSW Health also offer this advice for attendees:
- stay home and not attend if you are feeling unwell
- stay home and not attend if you have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
Should the advice from AHPPC change, Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group will update its policy accordingly.
Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group would encourage all Members, Guests and Visitors to stay up to date via our Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group Clubs Facebook pages – @worrigeesports and @theexservos.
While onsite at Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group Clubs Staff, Members, Guests and Visitors are encouraged to practice good personal hygiene including:
- cleaning your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water or use an alcohol based hand rub.
- cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
We encourage attendees of organised functions and events at our Clubs to liaise directly with those organisers, rather than the Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group.
Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group are taking our responsibility seriously and have implemented a number of temporary measures in our dining areas which include:
- Removal of cutlery from all tables. Cutlery will be individually wrapped and issued when ordering your meal.
- Increased sanitation of all work and public spaces.
- Additional staff training.
- Increased use of gloves, including in the acceptance of deliveries.
- Removal of ‘help yourself’ sauce and cutlery stations.
- The Club for the interim will be unable to use personal ‘keep’ style cups for any person.
- Staff are conducting increased sanitation of gaming machines where possible.
- Staff, Members, Visitors and Guests are expected to follow basic good hygiene practices.
Golf Course and Professionals Shop
- All relevant practices also apply to these outlets.
- Staff will for the interim be unable to provide valet service of Members Golf Carts
- Staff will be sanitising carts after each use of the Clubs hire cart fleet
Persons who do not cooperate with our advice in relation to COVID-19 will be asked to leave our premises.
We asked for your complete cooperation and understanding as we continue our commitment to offering a quality based Community Hub for all Members and Visitors to enjoy.
If you have any questions please seek to liaise with Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group Management.
Further updates may apply.
Shoalhaven Ex-Service’s Group Management